Historic Scirocco - They say!

Reading the latest Autoweek I stumbled upon an interesting car that you
guys might like.  Dreaming through the Historic car section, amongst 1957
Porsche Carrera, Austin Minis, AC cobras and the like, there's an add that
says" 1976 VW Scirocco".  Absolute mint condition, limited edition model,
gold brown and 6000 miles.  I don't really know if they had a limited
addition in 1976, but in any case very interesting.  Is there really a
classic car value to our beloved Scirocco?  Anyone know of a complete 1975
Scirocco?  Carbs and all?  This would be quite a project to restore one of
those.

Rodney Noriel