Re: Coolant temp warning light

>When I first bought the car, I had to rebuild the odometer.  My thinking is
>that I may have damaged something on the instrument panel which is causing
>this light blink.  The first couple of times the light started blinking, I
>turned the car off and on again and the light stayed off.  This no longer
>works.
>
>Has anyone had this problem before or any suggestions as to what it might be?
>I'd like to avoid taking the car in to the dealer.

I believe the problem here is a dirty sensor.  Corrosion from the various
materials in the cooling system have a tendency to coat everything,
including the sensor that powers that light.  Test it, I'm sure there are
values in resistance somewhere in the manual or something.

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102