Scirocco for the Winter?

Scirocco lovers,
	The time is coming for me to put away my cars for the winter.  As
you can see from my sigs, I live in Montreal, Canada where the winters
can get pretty harsh.  I decided to buy a winter car this year and am
seriously considering a Scirocco.  I would like a series I 'rocco but
have heard about there rust problems.  Would it be able to stand a
Canadian winter.  Which Scirocco do you experts recommend?  I am looking
for an inexpensive, reliable (considering its age) ride.  Can I find one
for under or close to 1000$ Can.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

      * VW GTI - THE ULTIMATE HOT HATCH * Fiorenzo Vetrone           *
      *       1991 GTI 16V (RED)        * f_vetro@alcor.concordia.ca *
      *       1994 GTI 8V (BLACK)       * Concordia University       *
      *         Driver Hired!!          * Montreal, Canada           *