Re: My first cop experience

Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> >Maybe in your state you can do that, but here in Texas, they calibrate
> >every freaking morning, I know, I asked, I got shown proof. I even asked
> >to see the radar every time, One time the cop didn't lock, and I just
> >looked up out of his car and said "Gee, I'm going 3mph?????", He didn't
> >show up on court day =]. But every other time it stuck in court.
> >
> >Ryan
>
> Hey ryan what exactly happens in court? Is it that if the cop shows up you
> definitly get the ticket and if he doesn't show up your off? Whats the deal
> there?

The first thing you do in Texas is to ask for a court date. They send you the date in
the mail two months later and three months later you end up in court. By this time you
hope that the cop has forgotten all about you and doesn't show. If he doesn't show,
which is fifty percent of the time, then the ticket is dismissed. If he does, say you
want to hire legal council to defend you and set another court date. Chances are that he
will show up the second time if he made it to the first court date, but its worth a
shot. Anyway, show up for the second date and say you want differed judication (or some
long word like that) which is probation. After three months of no tickets, the violation
gets dropped from your record. Repeat as often as you want.

A.J. Jones
Ft. Worth, TX - land of big ugly scirocco hating pick-up trucks.
'87 8-valve Scirocco