Lighting stuff was-What y'all do for lighting...

> >Here's my solution,
> >	I added a couple of Hella 530 driving lights with 100w Halogen
> >bulbs and wired them in with 1 relay per bulb.  I also connected them so I
> >can turn them on without the rest of the lights.  This is great for when
> >someone is following me  ;->
>
> Wait, I don't think I understand the physics here--if someone is following
> you then how does this help?
>
> Also, a wiring question--I have bosch fog's.  They suck.  Sometimes one will
> work, sometimes the other, sometimes both, and lastly, neither.  Anyway, I
> want to put in something new (probably these 530's or the 550FFs that I had
> on my last scirocco).  Can I keep the wiring?
>
> Chris Taylor
> '87 16v Scirocco
>
> West Ambler Johnston Hall
> Virginia Tech Campus
> chtaylo4@vt.edu
> chtaylo4@aol.com

Well,
	When someone's following me I just turn off the regular lights ie
the tail lights and keep the front driving lights on.

	If you're installing new fogs or driving lights in place of some
that are already there you should be able to use the same wiring.  You
might have to change the connecters at the light's end of the wire, but
that's no big deal.  Also, don't forget, you only need to run a positive
wire to the lights because the whole car is negative ie. the bumper.  So
you can just attach the negative wire to the bolt that goes through the
bumper.
	If you want more light output, the best way to go is bigger guage
wire and cutting down on the length of wire between the light and the (+)
power source.  This is where relays come in handy.

Any Q's??

James