Re: What do you all do for LIGHTING?

On 27 Oct 96 at 11:09, Shawn Meze wrote:

> > Yeah. Relays do make a noticable difference. I own a 1980 Scirocco
>
> Gene, do you have P/N for the relays and how they were wired? im
> interested in doing this myself.
> Shawn

Yeah.....me too.  If you do have them, please post to list.  Thanks!!!
Also, this makes me wonder if adding the relays cuts down on the life
of the headlamps.  Kinda follows that if the lights are running
brighter, you have to pay for it somehow.  But if it's not real
significant, it would be worth it.  What exactly are the relays doing
that it makes the bulbs burn brighter?  Enlighten us please  :=)
(pun intended)

And where do you mount the relays?  What gauge wire is used?
Why am I asking so many questions?  Guess I'm not too bright...
I remember you posting about this before and thought I saved the
post, but can't find it.........maybe if you saved it you can just
repost it and save a little work.

Oh well, I can't get the Eagles game out here on the west coast for
the first time this year :(   Might as well go install the antenna I
got from Shawn.......  (they're up 14-0 in 1st half if anyone cares).
Maybe they'll be on the radio........if not I may have to stay on the
'puter and follow the game on the net.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA