Re: Sway bars, or should I say anti-roll bars.

At 07:40 PM 10/26/96 +0600, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>        Autotech recommends a 19/25 mm front-rear swaybar combo for the
>scirocco 8V and a 22/28 swaybar combo for the scirocco 16V, Is there really
>that much difference between the two cars?  Why should one require the
>heavier bars?  Or should I consider my 87 8V a 16V for these purposes,
>autotech lumps my car in with the scirocco 1's and I must say that it has
>much more in common with the 16V than a scirocco 1.
>
>        Has anyone here really been bitten by using the larger bars?

 I didnt know they recommended that. It seems alot of speed shops do say the
same thing. Neuspeed says the same also. If anything, a 25mm front bar would
be in order for our cars since theyre so fromt heave anyways. So why then,
do they offer the 28 for the rear?? Kinda wierd aint it? It's backwards.
I have the 22F/28R Neuspeed bars and I have never been bitten by it. It
gives the chassis a great solid feel through fast and slow corners. Slow
speeds thru corners is even a more under control feeling. They allow the
tires to do a better job of gripping the pavement and wearing much more
even. If your into performance driving, get the larger bars. (even if your
not, they dont affect the comfort of the ride) If not, go with the smaller
bars since they're cheaper!
19mm front is like stock! Yuck!! Why fork out cash for that, I ask?

Shawn