Re: scca racing

Boy did I open a can of worms!! Alright, I'll give some secrets away as long
as you guys promise not to beat me to bad if I run into anyone of you at any
of the tracks in Colorado, Seattle, Portland or Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!! First,
4.5" suspension drop....... cut off old spring perches and grind the strut
tube smooth. Use the spring perches from the rear suspension of a
Rabbit/Scirocco and weld them on to the strut tubes, locating them at the
desired drop.( must use 2-2.5" springs or you won't clear the tires). Next
you have to build a riser for the top of your strut tower, this alows you to
retain about 95% of your travel. I really don't worry about the bump steer
too much because this is a Road Racing car, not street driven. I have managed
to compensate a little bit on the relation of the axles from the trans. to
the hub by rotating the entire engine/trans forward in the engine
compartment. The seven quart pan is my answer to a dry sump(can't afford one
.... so build someting better!). This pan is still under some development
work to make sure the baffle system works. Basically it is a stock pan with a
"kickback" area welded on to the backside. I am using a stock oil pick-up
tube that has another pick-up grafted on to it so that it can reach back into
the "kickback" area. I plan to start offering these pans for sale sometime
this summer, let me know if any one is interested. Boy am I tired of typing (
I can type about 10 words a minute!! I really wish I had taken that typing
class in high school!!). Any other questions??Ask away!!! And remember......
the ultimate rush is wheel to wheel racing so go join SCCA, you will not
regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!