Re: running hot (was no subject) (is now exhaust stuff)

Mike wrote:

> At 11:33 PM 10/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >At 11:18 PM 10/18/96 +0800, you wrote:
> >
> >>Oh yeah, I was also qouted $189 for a Techtronics exhaust from the
> >>cat back.  How does this price stack up?  And is this a fairly loud
> >>muffler?  I don't want it too loud....it's already quite throaty.
> >>The previous owner had Midas put on the one that's on there (I found
> >>the reciept).  Just wondering........
> >
> >I think thats what I paid for mine. Its a great system, not loud until you
> >really get on the throttle. I get "rasberies" fron 3,200 to 3,800 rpm's
> >under hard aceceleration (its from a hollowed out cat) and its pretty quiet
> >in cruise mode. I think it's one of the neated sounding street systems that
> >I have heard on a VW besides a full race VW. The Gillet system is quiter
> >than stock! (Yuck)
> >
> >Shawn
> >
> >--
> >
> One question for ya's all is that the Stainless or aluminum?
>
> and why pay so much for the stainless besides lifetime warrenty?

One funny thing is that if you buy a Walker Dynomax ALUMINUM muffler it
comes with the exact same warrantee as the stainless!  I have both (well
I sold the stainless but the aluminum is on my 8v) and the warrantees
are word for word the same!  Makes buying stainless sound kinda silly if
you ask me.  Although it is a big pain in the ass getting that rusty
muffler off a tailpipe.
Josh Clark