Re: More emissions info.

Sean Clark wrote:

> Hey, thanks to everybody who applied to my first message.  It is evident
> that most states have their gas stations do the testing, but I also need to
> know what kinds of tests are done.
>
> In KY, they use a mirror to check for your cat, check all the
> emissions/fueling stuff under the hood, and test your exhaust.
>
> How about the gas stations?  Do they test your exhaust, or what?  Thanks for
> helping me out.
>
> -Sean Clark

psi test but they have all the equipment to do it I think that test
will do a lot of damage to a lot of older cars IM not shure but I think
the test is to make shure your purge one way valve is good
but what about those gas tanks rusting out at the seems
I change a lot of tanks being close to the ocean
Right now all our shop can do is setup customers car for emissions
the state wants us to get licensed for emissions testing
I havent heard yet when I was told its a week of schooling and $500.00
to get certified so I was told
I think its a big money making scam (thats my opinion)
I can make any car pass and then readjust it for performance
when I get back
I think emissions testing is needed but not run by the state
Let the shops do it and make the money.