Re: Newbie: Repair manual suggestions?

At 09:15 PM 10/15/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>	My name is Tim Ebling, and after years of owning and fixing up
>VWs of the air-cooled nature, I finally gave in and bought an '86 black 16V.
>And yes, I *love* it.  I keep thinking "I should have done this years ago".
>Anyway, as one of the first orders of business, I went to find some kind of
>manual specific to this car, but have had no luck.  The only thing remotely
>close was a Haynes manual which covered all sorts of models (Jetta, GTI,
>etc...) and wasn't very useful.  Do I need to go to the dealer for this?
If so,
>are these items spendy?  Thanks...

Hi Tim and welcome to our happy little world!
You should be able to find a manual on your car in one of your local auto
parts stores. One of the best manuals to have would be the Bently manual.
Haynes and Chilton work too but they can be vague at times.
Expect to pay from $15.00 - $30.00 for a manual, depending on where you buy
it. Where are you located??

Shawn