No Subject

From: dinouye@jovanet.com (Duane Inouye)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Subject: Cooling problems w/'84 Scirocco
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 03:32:13 GMT

        I have a '84 Scirocco and it has been running on the hot side.  Also I
have a question about the gauges.  I have a VDO gauge below the heater
controls and the water temp gauge by the tach.  I assume the VDO gauge
is also a water temp, the question is where is the sending unit??  On
the engine?   I replaced the thermostat and it still runs hot.  And
the fan goes on.  How would I know if I need a new radiator?  The
stock gauge reads between 50%-75% and the VDO gauge read between 100
to 115.  To me this is high because it used to run at 90 degrees.
Thanks for any help.

_/          Duane Inouye           _/
_/       dinouye@jovanet.com       _/
_/http://www.jovanet.com/~dinouye/ _/