Re: Rieger body kit

At 04:52 PM 10/14/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>Ok Update:
>>
>>I just got in the info from EAS about the other kit manufacturers,
>>Wochner and Kerscher. the Wochner is exactly what Erebruni advertises.
>>The Kerscher is totaly testerosa looking,

Eww, I donbt like anything that tries to look like an exotic sports car.
Especially the Testerosa copy cats!
I think body kits should be to enhance the look of the body style, like the
16V kit does. Or, it should be to update an older body style to something
what the older body styles could be if it were made today, you know? (I just
know ive confuese alot of you on that one.)

>I hate to offend anyone here, but am I the only one that thinks ALOT of the
>body hits look terrible? I like some of the Reiger body kits, but man IMO
>some of those body kits go way overboard. Espically the Testerosa intake
>things. Man one of those companys sells Corrado body kits that ruin the car
>IMO.

I agree, some of the body kits ive seen (Not just for Scirocco's either) are
just too wierd. they do nothing for the cars their put on. (I should talk
since I make the Jetta GLO body kits as seen on EC's page 69 "Strictly"
addvertisement....) They should be incorporated into the cars styling to get
the crisp sharpness a real kit should give the car, like the Reiger Comp
kit. I think thats a sharp looking kit.
It could be argued that it looks alot like a corrado but since theyre
nothing more than newer A2 Scirocco's then whats the problem with how it looks?

>Also how big does a rear wing have to be before people are happy? 4 feet
>wide and 6 feet high? I think a really nice reiger body kit is pictured at
>the scirocco home page (the red car at the bottom) Now I like that but I
>guess its all just a matter of opinion?

Depending on the car and its use, 4 feet wide and 6 feet high will make it a
working spoiler. Look at say, a Jetta. Spoilers on cars that have rear
windows just dont get any air flow to the spoiler. so, moving the rear
spoiler up into the airflow makes a working one.
Then there are spoilers for display only. It all depends on taste and
whether or not you want it functional or not.

Shawn