Re: Where is everyone located?

I've lived in the Rochester, NY area all my life.  I'm 27 and work as a
software engineer at Eastman Kodak.  (Everyone who lives in Rochester
should wor for Kodak at least once in their lives. :-) )  I've owned a
few Sciroccos in my life time.  My parents bought me my first one at 17,
a metallic brown 1978.  I crashed it 2 years later.  But I knew it was love,
so I went right out and bought another one, a 1979 which I repainted Tornado
Red. (The same color 16v's were coming in new that year).  I tore that one
down for parts and bought my first 'S'.  It was a modified 1980 'S' with
an Ansa exaust, hood pins, said SCIROCCO across the inside of windshield,
electronic ignition, dropped suspension, short shift, and a bored block.  It
was heaven for 1200 bucks.  Somebody hit it in the parking lot at college and
it was never the same. :-(.  I took everything I could off that one.  Then
I bought my current car, a 1988 16v.  I've since modifed it with a progressive
rate suspension (Boge ProGas and Hor Tech springs), TT stainless exaust,
15x7 rims and BFG ZR tires, and Neuspeed bars.  Serious engine mods are
forthcoming (1.8->2.0 with p & p TT 16v head are my plans).  I have also
owned 2 black Scirocco 'S' cars that I use as winter vehicles.  I only have one
of them now, and I can't kill it.  Even with my modified 16v, it's still a
pleasure to drive a 16 year old type I.  Anyone in the area want to get
together to swap stories/parts/garages, let me know.

==Brett