Re: Painting brake calipers

Josh Clark wrote:

> -- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> I say take some brake fluid on a rag and cover the calipers with the stuff.
> Let it sit for about fifteen minutes and wipe it off.  Then you will have no
> paint on them.   Brake fluid eats the stuff off.  Then you can start all
> over with primer and do it right.
> Let me know how it comes out.  I would like to paint mine red some time.
> what color are yours?
> Josh Clark
> --

 You might consider oven cleaner to remove the old grime and paint. It
won't leave a greasy residue to keep your paint from sticking... In
fact, it will remove all oils and leave you with a slightly rough
surface ideal for painting. Just spray it down, let sit, & rinse with
the garden hose... Just don't let it sit more than 3 or 4 minites at a
time... Otherwise it will create nasty pits in the metal.