Re: Where is everyone located?

Hello,

There has never been too many scirocco's in Spain, but I felt in love
with long time ago, in 1977 or 78, when I first saw one. Finally in 1990
I bought mine. I never was very sure of what I had: a  79' or 80'
Scirocco I, with round lights and one windshield wiper, mounting a 1.8
carburated engine and an old 4 gears box. The car was  coming from
Belgium, and was absolutely corroded. Last december the back wheels fall
suddenly apart. It was dead.
I'm waiting for some opportunity to get another one (money, time and
luck, there are not so many in Spain) while I'm driving a little old
Polo. I subscribe the list in august, but I wasn't really concerned by
the technical stuff you're mostly talking about. I think this thread is
a good moment to introduce myself and let you know that in Tossa de Mar,
near Barcelona (Spain), there's another Scirocco lover.