Re: Prestone Stop Leak

At 07:17 PM 10/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever used Prestone's Stop Leak coolant system sealer?  I've got a
>tiny leak in my system that I can't locate.  (I'm only losing about 8 oz.
>every 6 months.)  Does this stuff work?  It's got these little organic
>pellets that supposedly dissolve and seal any leaks in your cooling system.
>Can these magic pellets accidentally gum up the water pump or something!?

I would recommend against it myself.  They are mainly for aluminum
radiators, not the composites we have.  You should be able to see
evidence of the leak, or you may be leaking through the radiator cap,
or whatever arrangement the overflow type cars have (mine is not).

>BTW... It says on the bottle to add the stuff to the radiator through the
>radiator cap.  Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find my cap?  Do
>Sciroccos have top mounted caps?

Mine does! - 82

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX :