and second. I hafe to press the shifter had to the left and force it
left-up or it slips into 3rd. When engaging the 1st gears it feels like
the shifter is passing through a tight gate..i can feel it give pressure
back, then *pop*in seems like it went in..then to get to second i have to
go *strait* down and for some reason sometimes it grinds the gears with
clutch fully depressed. 1st,3rd,4th,5th all have 1-2inches of horizontal
play...left right..only 2nd is firm.

i had the clutch replaced..and i HATE this..its suppose to be one of
those self ajusting..self ajusting my ass....i like the catch at top..now
its near the middle..bleah but the clutch is good its only got 2k on it.

I looked at al lthe shift linkage etc as in my jetta i lost 1 and 2nd
due to a broken ball joint plastic piece of crap 2" rod thingy...but
everything looks good to me in the engine compartment. Could it just be
my shift bushings? I want to install a short shift kit..but I would
really like to be able to shift firmly and easily first.

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco 97k miles
|Ryan Schuermann			       ryan@nwpros.com|
|Technical Analyst			      zqft01@amoco.com|