Re: Fuba Smuba

> Am I the only one that gets bad reception from my Fuba Antenna? I think it
> looks really cool, but my reception sucks. Maybe its worn out since it was
> O.E. on my car way back in '87.
>
> I was just wondering if I am the only one.

Naw, I get pretty poor reception with my radio in my 1988 16v.  It's still
got the original Fuba as well.  I've heard about some ground connection
going bad on factory supplied amplified antennas.  How could I tell if my
poor reception is a result of this?  Alternately, how difficult is it
to replace my factory roof mounted antenna with a new amplified Fuba unit?

==Brett