Can rear badges come off?

-- [ From: Josh Clark * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I have been meaning to go to my local junk yard to see if the rear badges on
the Scirocco there will come off easily without breaking.  Can this be done?
 I want to take mine off and spray paint them black (my whole car is black
including the wheels) but I don't want them to break obviously do I can put
them back on.  There isn't anyway to test this without possibly breaking
mine and I won't be going to the yard for a while so can anyone let me know
if they have done this?  Thanks a heap,
Josh Clark