Re: ANTENNA

At 08:35 PM 10/7/96 +0800, you wrote:
>Speaking of antennas, my 85 Wolfsburg has an electric retractable
>antenna that no longer retracts.  The motor comes on to
>extend/retract when the radio is turned on or off, but it doesn't
>move.  What I'm wondering is if this was a VW replacement part since
>the original window sticker makes no mention of it.  Just curious.
>
>I like the sound of that Fuba antenna and will likely get that as a
>replacement, especially since I live on an island and reception here
>is pretty poor.  Where can you get this and approximate cost?  Is it
>a dealer item or aftermarket?
>
>BTW, thanks to all who responded to my instrument lite post.  I'll
>tackle that problem this weekend.  I'll go the whole 9 yards and
>replace all the bulbs since I have to go to this much trouble.
>Thanks again everyone.

I just replaced my power antenna for the looks and performance of the FUBA
myself. If your heartset on replacing your power antenna with a stock one
that works, you can have mine if you just throw me a few bucks and pay for
shipping.
It works and when I removed it, I was carefull not to rip out all the wiring
so it could be reused. There is just one wire that has to be cut tho' and
when you remove yours, you'll find it.

The FUBA costs arounf $45.00 depending on where and who you buy it from.

Which island??

Shawn