Re: ANTENNA

Speaking of antennas, my 85 Wolfsburg has an electric retractable
antenna that no longer retracts.  The motor comes on to
extend/retract when the radio is turned on or off, but it doesn't
move.  What I'm wondering is if this was a VW replacement part since
the original window sticker makes no mention of it.  Just curious.

I like the sound of that Fuba antenna and will likely get that as a
replacement, especially since I live on an island and reception here
is pretty poor.  Where can you get this and approximate cost?  Is it
a dealer item or aftermarket?

BTW, thanks to all who responded to my instrument lite post.  I'll
tackle that problem this weekend.  I'll go the whole 9 yards and
replace all the bulbs since I have to go to this much trouble.
Thanks again everyone.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg