Re: Temperature Light

At 04:31 PM 10/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>When I start my car the temperature light blinks and never shuts off.  Is
>>there a major problem with my Scirocco?  Is it a little problem?  It has
>>119,000 miles on it and this is the first problem I have had in a long time.
>> Any suggestions to what might be wrong?  Thanks!
>>
>>-Tim
>>'87 16V
>
>I would also like to know how to fix this problem. My Temp light has flashed
>ever since I bought the car. It is really annoying, but nothing has happened
>yet so I am assuming it is OK.

  I also had this problem on my '87 16v. scirocco. I brought it to a
mechanic and he said it was the temperature sensor that was finished. He
replaced it with a BOSH sensor. This sensor was always flashing too. So my
mechanic contacted a VW dealer. The original sensor from VW worked great.

                                        Ex-scirocco owner
Sold for insurance reason, I couldn't get anyone to insure me!!  Maybe it's
all those speeding tickets? :)