Re: Amsoil

At 01:12 AM 10/5/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I was wondering if any of you are using amsoil
>in your cars i just changed the oil in my scirocco
>with amsoil 2000 series 20w50
>20w50 is a bit thick but thats what I was told to use in my 16 valve
>oil light goes out instantly.
>the oil is synthetic and is suppose to reduce friction
>it costs $7.50 a quart
>and they say you dont have to change for 40,000 miles
>I always change oil at 2500 miles and i laugh at the thought of
>40,000 miles on an oil change (what does your bently say on that one?)
Yeah, they say that about their oil, but the filter is only good for about
12,500 miles, and this brings up a question.

How exactly do you go about changing your filter without changing the oil?
Do you just drain the oil and then pour it back in?  This would seem to
contaminate the oil, methinks.

Later

-Sean Clark