Re: Pricing on rear (convertable Sciroccos)

At 11:28 AM 10/6/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>BTW his convertable scirocco was the only one in the state that the frame
>>was reenforced to factory specs.
>
>Thats pretty amazing.. i bet that thing would turb heads (more then the
>ferrari??)
>=)
>Anyway when you say factory specs what do you mean? They're werenmt any
>factory convert. sciroccos...

What he meant was, that the car was all cut up and the roof was removed. The
roof is a structural support for the car. You can think of it as a mini
tubular chassis only its not soo strong, in comparison. If you were to cut
off all the vertical supports, the strength is lessened quite a bit. All
cars that are converted to convertables, as a result, have much weaker
chassis. There needs to be added somewhere into the chassis, reinforcements.
What he said is that the convertable's chassis was reinforced so the chassis
had the factory specs put back into it. I dont understand how that could be
since im not sure there are "specs" that the factory will release on any car
that deals with chassis specs, other than repair specs.

Shawn