Re: KE Jetronic powermodule

>Thanks... thats convincing.. Because I have a friend who resorted to buying
>blue ingitoer (ccome on!) for "more Power" so that wasn't reassuring.  (he
>bought the power module after the $150 wires..)
>But my question is this: could a non techie guy like me do the tuning? What
>exactly is involved in tuning them?
>Thanks

Do the tuning on the p-module?  You should.  I have a 16v engine, so I don't
know if I have a *different* p-module, but there is a dial on it with @7
settings, increasing from stock Fox up to 8v w/ exhaust/cam to 16v with
exhaust/cam/portpolish/2.0L maxxed out.  That's the setting I have it on,
although I'm not *quite* there yet.  I'm getting a cam set for christmas
hopefully, along w/ the 2.0L bump kit.  (Thanks santa!).  Anyway, it took me
like 20 min to install:  ground, coil, fuel [regulator?], battery, and I
think that's it.  As far as noticeable hp goes, I'm not that sure...but
that's only becuase I hadn't driven it for a week.  That was the week that I
took it off the road for the 5th gear swap (it's only a week long project if
you work .5 hrs a day).  So after not driving it for a week, and then
driving it w/ the p-module, I dunno...I know the car is fast as shit, so it
didn't hurt...

Buy it.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco