Re: Help!!! No Horns, upshift, ac

I had a similar problem on one of my previous scirocco's.  I don't recall all
the things that stopped working but one was deinfately the A/C and blower.
When you remove the panel under the dash on the driver's side, there are two
brass colored cylinders with multiple wire connectors going in.  It is
possible that when replacing the panel you may have hooked on some of the
wires and pulled them off.  The cylinders are located just to the right of the
fuse panel and should be visible with the panel in place.  I believe all the
wires going into the cylinders are brown.

I don't know if this the problem but its quite easy to check.  Also the
upshift indicator plugs in just above the clutch pedal/brake pedal area which
should be covered by the panel.  You may want to check that wire as well.

Let me know if this helps.

Behdad Behnam
'88 16V - currently in use
'87 16V - totalled in an accident 7/96