Re: Wheel Refurbishment

At 12:57 PM 10/3/96 -0400, Polzul wrote:

>Right- so utilize the jack stands on the body of the car- not
>on the suspension or control arms...

Wrong! Running the car in gear is not advised with the suspension unsprung.
Doing it with the jackstands under the lower control arms would be safer
since the suspension wouldnt be as unsprung, the control arms arent designed
to hold weight or be used as a jacking point. I know there is a great way to
do it, but Im not gonna go into details here.

>Also, unless i'm mistaken, front wheel drive cars only have two
>CV joints...

Wrong again, my friend! All VW FWD cars have a grande total of 4 CV joints.
2 inner and 2 outter.(Remember kids, all a CV joint really is, is an
over-engineered U-Joint. It takes 2 per axle to make it all work.)

Shawn