Radio replacment for '86 Scirocco.

Hi,

        My Stereo seems to have died on me.  I get a voltage from both the
power lines with my tester but the stereo doesn't come on.  All I get is the
back_lighting and some crackling in the speakers.  The fuses are fine.

        One fuse question:  Is the onboard fuse a 5A or a 6A ?  The book stays
6A but mine is a 5A.

        I wanted to get a new system, something that would be EASY to setup
given the original VW (Blaupaunkt) wiring.  I don't think I'll find a system
that can just be plugged in without wiring mods but the less I need to do the
better.

Apprecaite any info.

Thanks,

Kevin.