Scirocco 2 Radiator Fan Switch

Hi folks,

I have to sell my car (sad, cry, boohoo) for business reasons but it's just developed a problem
with the radiator fan.

The fan comes on at the highest speed and stays on.
If I unplug and then reconnect the connector on the back of the fan after it's been running for awhile,
the fan does stop. When it restarts, the same process occurs.

I know that with the A1 cars the temperature switch is a simple one located at the bottom of the
radiator, However, as the fan stops spinning when I disconnect and reconnect it, I  presume something
seems to be resetting.

Is there a relay of some sort that might have gone bad rather than the simple
temperature switch at the bottom of the radiator?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

Herbert Samuels
White 1988 16V Scirocco
60,000 Miles
$3500