Re: fair price?

At 11:14 PM 10/1/96 EDT, you wrote:

>  What is a fair price to ask for an 88 16v Scirocco that has extremely low
>miles and is spotless (better than showroom new]) w/custom wheels and
>top-o-line Blaupunkt? (16K miles, no accidents, no dings, no winters, no rain)
>
>  I'm hoping to get a good feel from fellow Scirocco owners]  Your help is
>greately appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Chris
>CPortele@grainger.com

Hi Chris, first of all, you should start by playing a game called "pretend."
The coolest thing to do is call your local bank and tell them that your
thinking about Buying a car that just happens to have your cars exact specs
including the VIN number and miles ect. they will ask you all of the
important questions and when your done, they will tell you what the high and
low bluebook value is. FREE!! Then you can get an idea what its worth and
try and get a good price for it. Another thing to do is look in the paper in
your area and see what they're selling for. Try and use good marketing in
any add you place and you should get a good fair price for it.
Good luck!

Shawn