RE: Exhaust Systems???

 I wouldnt even consider the alumnized system unless its for a
>showcar. you know, one that doesnt even run kind of show car. Goes from
>city to city
> on a trailer.....

Don't know about that, Shawn.....got aluminized pipe on my GTI, it is
starting its second winter (third?  who knows...) and it looks fine.  If I
lived in Mass or Vermont, I'd consider SS, but CO uses no salt - my
aluminized pipes are still silver, the welds are barely rusting.  A friend
has a 5 year old aluminized exhaust on his 510, no problems.  SS is
undeniably better, but I don't think aluminized is that bad - my exhaust
cost $170, parts and labor, cat back.  Flomaster muffler, 2.5/2.25" pipe.
If it lasts 4 years, and the next one lasts 4 years, I'll be happy, lets
say the second costs $200 - thats $370 and some inconvenience of having a
second put on.  Ok by me!  If one can afford ss, and thinks the car will be
around for years to come, it's great, but for those financially impaired,
aluminized is a safe gamble in salt free areas, IMHO.  Just my 2c!

Mannix