RE: Exhaust Systems???

At 12:14 PM 11/27/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey Shawn,
>
>	I've been thinking about getting the TT stainless for my '86 16V, but
>I've heard that the TT isn't a "true" stainless exhaust.  I've been told
>that the pipes are stainless, but the inside of the muffler isn't stainless.  It
>seems to me that if one were to buy stainless, you'd want to get the protection
>on the inside of the muffler as well as the outside.
>
>-tim

As far as i know, when they dip the exhaust piping, it gets coated on
both sides. I looked at my exhaust tip the other day and after cleaning
off some of the carbon, it looked exactly like what the outside looks
like. I dont think the inside of the system should be a problem.
However I would think the crap that gets on it from the roads and plain
water would be more corrosive than the exhaust gasses going thru it. Im
not sure about the muffler but mine seems fine so far. (Sounds great,
that much I do know!)

Shawn