Re: How do you folks pronounce "Scirocco?"

> From:          Senomar@aol.com
> Date:          Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:46:15 -0500
> To:            scirocco-l@privateI.com
> Subject:       Re: How do you folks pronounce "Scirocco?"

> Scirocco is an italian word, it's pronounced "cee-ROH-co", Audi is german,

Well, neeearly right. The actual Italian word is Sirocco (notice only
two Cs). Scirocco is how the Germans write it.

> it's pronounced "AW-dee". By the way.. do you guys know what Scirocco means?
> It's a hot and strong wind that blows from North Africa on Sounthern Italy. I
> guess the car is just like the wind: hot and strong. The Scirocco was one of
> VW "wind" cars: Golf, Jetta, Scirocco, Vento.

Don't forget the Passat too, but I was unaware that Vento was a wind,
I just thought it was a made up name...

Corrado BTW means is a verb and means "To Run, or Sprint."
Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
jbromley@enterprise.net