Update on Joan's '85 Scirocco

Hiya motorheads!
We've traced the electric window problem to the motor. It goes down but not
up. Going to be looking for a motor in the the junkyard unless someone's has
experience rebuilding the motors. Any hints?

Got a temporary fix for the interior leak. I moved my old car out of the
carport and park there every night now. I take the train to work and park in
the covered parking every morning!!

Three more sessions with Windex and the the windshield is *still* smudgy!
fortunately, the air circulation is good (even though we haven't had a
chance to look at the heater controls yet) so the visibility is okay.

Found a mechanic that is local. 15 yrs experience -- formerly with a VW
dealership. I am going to have him take a look at the car (need to check out
the timing belt situation don't I?)

Getting ready for turkey day. Four day weekend -- lots of time to putter
around with the car!

Joan