Re: Scriocco speedometer etc...

The Tie rod end can be replaced with a adjustable
>one to center the wheel with a good alignment, or you could just move the wheel
>itself, but doing that results in different turning radius's to each side.

Kyle - why does moving the wheel change the turning radius?  Is that a
Scirocco-specific thing? (shrug?!?)  I have moved my wheel several times on
my 84 GTI, and I have the same # of turns lock to lock - how does the
steering column know where the wheel sits?  The little tab which turns the
directional off is in a slightly different place, but that tab never limits
wheel rotation - it just trips the directional.  I don't get it.  I could
see where the directional turns off earlier one way than another, but I
can't for the life of me see why moving the wheel would change # of turns
lock to lock.....clue me in?  Thanks!

Mannix