Re: 1) about 3rd gear 2) about the AC lever 3) about ballast resistor

<< 2) The same thing happened to my AC lever - and I fixed it (by the way,
 either Josh or Jay should have that assembly, I gave it to them) was I took
 a piece of plastic that looked like a button with a post sticking out of it
 (you could make something similar with a piece of hard plastic tubing and a
 washer), carved it down to fit snugly in the hole in the center of the
 levers and jammed/glued it in there.  It held the levers in (made them a
 little stiff), but made them usable.  You might want to do something similar

Which reminds me, I did something similar to this in my Rabbit a few years
ago.  But, the way I fixed it was to put a screw with a washer in there ti
hold it in place.  This way, I could take it apart if I ever had a incling to
do so.  Also, since I have that car back now (after two years, it had been
abandoned) and I just found out that it is still holding!  Must be okay.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco

'81 Rabbit Diesel 2 dr resto project