Re: A/C Control Lever (fwd)

><< New Question: When I first joined the list a couple months ago, someone
>was
> talking about a bad cold air valve or something causing incorrect
>distribution
> of air from the dash vents; heat fromt the center, and cold from the sides.
>If
> anybody knows what the specific piece was that needs to be checked, I'd
> appreciate the Word. I get the same problem, and figure I can replace/fix up
>the
> valve while I've got the panels pulled. >>
>
>I have that same problem too.  I would most deffinatly benifit from that
>info, also.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Tim :)

I remember the discussion from a while back, and it was mentioned that that
was the way it was supposed to work.  So you can get incredible heat but
fresh air as well.
Incredible heat?  I have two friends with 16v sciroccos that have nothing close
to incredible heat, the vents do work how you mentioned though.  I thought I
would finally get an answer but I guess not.  What else do you recommend
checking?  One thermostat is new, and they both run around the middle of the
water temp gauge.  I was going to put in a higher temp racing thermostat to
give better heat in the winter but I am not sure if it is a good idea.  How
high does oil temp usually run in a 16v?  A friend has a GTi that would run
about 210 on the highway, while my 8v and a few other 8v run at 160 or so?  All
those measurements are from the MFA, how accurate is that thing? Well let me
know what you think...

Kyle
'86 8v GTi