Re: Help - stuck in 3rd gear

<< Does anyone know what might cause my car ('86 16v) to be stuck in 3rd
gear?
 I downshifted from 4 to 3 and after that i couldnt get it out of 3rd no
 matter what.  Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks >>

Hmmmm, maybe your shift linkage is jamed?  I would climb inder the car and
check out the entire shift linkage before I would take it to a shop or
something.  I don't know exactly what to tell you, becuase I don't know if
the 16v Scirocco linkage is different from an 8v.

Good luck.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco