Re: Did any 16v's come without AC?

> When I get my 16v back on the road I would like to remove the AC compressor
> but I have yet to find a 16v without AC that I could switch pullies abd
> alternator brackets with.  The 16v's have the alternator over the AC which
> is opposite the 8v structure.  The only other way would be to fabricate my
> own which would be a little tricky not having any type of example to follow.
>  Thanks,
> --

Yes, I have a 16v without A/C, of course my car didn't come with a 16v,
but the doner car didn't have A/C either. I believe that you can use all
the same brackets but you will have to get a longer pulley for the Alt. so
the Alt. belt will line up with the water pump and crank. That is the way
I have mine, you probably won't be able to go to your auto parts place and
ask for a belt and expect it to be right, you will have measure it with a
string or something and get your parts store to match you up something.
That's what I did, but I also don't have power steering so it might be
different.
Hope this helps at least a little.
C-Ya

Shikaroka