Re: Clutch advise

Hi Rick:

At 08:26 PM 11/8/96 +0800, you wrote:
>I know there's been a bit of discussion here about performance
>clutches, but I need advise on the best clutch for my mostly
>unmodifed daily driver 'Rocco.

I really recommend the stock Sachs replacement. I also sell
Sachs sport, race, etc but they are not necessary and are more
money. The stock one will hold about 150 hp no problem.

I have a kit with a new disc, pressure plate, center plate and
retaining spring for $85.00. These are new German parts, not
rebuilt.

In addition, while the transmission is out consider replacing the oil
seals at the crank and the transmission. If they leak they will ruin your
new clutch and you have to remove the transmission to replace them
so while everything is already apart it is a good time for some
preventative care. There are high quality original German seals.

Rear engine crank seal, list $30.95, your cost $15.00
Transmission input shaft seal, $3.00
Transmission push rod seal, $4.00
Push rod bushing, $1.50.

>I remember reading that it's a good idea to replace the flywheel
>bolts after removing it.  Any other things I should be thinking of
>while I'm preparing to have this done?

It is nice but not absolutely necessary. What is very important it to
re-seal the threads on these bolts or oul will leak through the crank
onto the clutch.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any
questions.

Thanks,

Mark

Adirondack Auto Brokers