Result of power steering posts

Thanks for all your help.. I got the definite answer 1/2 from posts and also
from a friend of mine, Dan Gimanez - who will hopefully be joining the list
from college as soon as he gets email.
It was indeed that when the steering is at the lock the pump tries to pump
more fluid but cant, this causes the pump to be working hard, thus stalling
the engine.
Thanks for all the help.
Also - is it it bad to idle at 1100? I'm doing it now cause it gets rid of
that vibration (side engine mounts.)
Thanks again guys