Re: Ahh paint Jobs...

<< > How about VW?  My last scirocco, a red 16v owned in the summer of 95,
had an
 > IMMACULATE original, 8 year old paint job.  The car had 72k miles on it,
so
 > it's not like it was pampered or anything.  VW did a nice job on that one.
 > Do they repaint their children?

     They probably would but just like in the parts dept, they would
   probably rape you on the price.  Just thought I might mention that.. >>

Well, at my local dealer, they gave me an estimate for $2300.  That is if I
remove all of the trim and lights, etc, and they strip to metal, replace the
left front fender (bondo from accident with old owner) and replace the skin
on the drivers door (same reason as fender)  and also rebuild my sunroof (I
want the sunroof panel painted while it is OUT of the car) and also paint all
of the black trim sticker (like between the door and rear side windows) areas
black (I HATE those stickers!  I want paint there!)

Oh, that will also included them installing a 16v Scirocco body kit and Fuba
antenna.

I have seen this places work (like the back of my Moms '95 Golf Sport after
she was rear-ended) and you CANNOT tell it was worked on!!  They do a KICK
ASS job!!   And, if you hace even the slightest complaint, they will take the
car back and do it all over again.  Oh, and did I forget to mention that they
have a lifetime garantee on their paint and bodywork?  :-)

Tim :)