Re: replacement carpet in mk1?

Mark Davison sold me a used but perfect carpet set for $50.  It came
out of a later Scirocco, and still had the "tar" strips to hold it in place
around the sill plate (under the door when closed).  The only difference
was the spacing of the rear seat hold down clips.  This was easily fixed
with a dull knife.  While you're at it and since you have to pull the seats,
replace the 3 plastic bushings per seat, check for and repair rust, and
grease the tracks for the seats.  I did this and was pleased that I may
have kept the seats from falling through the floor for a few more years :)

Miles Lott (http://www.insync.net/~milos)
KTXH Ch. 20 in Houston, TX :
Home of the Rockets!!!