Ahh paint Jobs...

Ok heres a question for anyone who's ever had thier car (scirocco or whatevr)
painted.

first - how much did you pay?
second - was it worth the money? did u think u got a good deal?
third - Was it a cool,  non-stock color ?

Well of course this is leading to somthing... The paint job on my 86 scirocco
it really hurting.  The hood is half white half black from rocks and stuff
The wider then stock tires kicked up alot of 'grit' so theres damage on the
side.  Bottom line is that it just doens't look as good as it drives.  Ive
been thinking a while about repainting it and would like to ask your opnions.
 I'd probably go for somthing other then black... would it cost more to get
it painted a different color then it was?

The only person ive talked to about this is my friend with an 88 16v who got
it painted red again from macco.  He payed $550 and I was really supprised at
how good it was.  Anyway do any of you have any comments regarding paint
jobs?
Thanks