Re: Koni adjustables

At 03:13 PM 11/2/96 +-100, you wrote:
>I finally got my Konis in the mail and put them on today.  I like them a
>lot!  I had them on the stiffest setting and they handle better than
>my Sachs(Boge) I had on before and the front end doesn't bounce nearly as
much either.  The Sachs were >terrible for that.  If you're thinking about
getting new shocks, I recommend the Konis.

What kind of springs do you have? Sport lowering springs with a relatively
stock shock does have somewhat of a rebound problem. The Koni's stop that
nonsence nicely, dont they!
Also, be careful not to set your konis to full firm! You will blow the seals
in them. Set them to full firm and back out 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Whay are you
using full firm for the street?? Ouch!! I drive on full soft for the street.
Do you want an autocross setup tip? Set the rears to full firm. Set the
front to about half! If the front end is kinda bouncy on the track, soften
up the fronts a little more. I sometimes, depending on the track, set the
front to almost full soft! The rougher the track, the softer the fronts get.
Smoother tracks get firmer settings up front. Ive never changed the rear
settings.

>I'm gonna put them on the lowest setting tonight to see how they feel then.
I'll let ya know the difference...

Lowest?? Do you mean the softest setting or the rear lower spring perches?
If your talking about the rear spring perches, you will almost hafta use the
middle stock setting. If you try and drop the rear that way, your springs
wont be seated properly and any bump will (I stress WILL) knock the spring
off the seat. Makes a nasty sound. (I learned the hard way.)

>Don't you hate it when you have one of those rare opportunities when an
older Golf(Rabbit whatever) GTi is up >your ass and you want to race real
bad and your wife is in the car?  Damn, that sucks!  Yep, happened to me
>today.  I started to race, but when the wife starts grabbing things
frantically like the doorhandles and the oh shit >bars, I start feeling
guilty...how frustrating!

Lucky you! My girlfriend is completely the opposit. (Shes the reason I did
the Las Vegas to San Diego in 4 hours! 378 miles with 2 stops) I will be
driving casually, minding my own business and somebody will pass me. She
will look at me. Then I say, "what"? Then she says, "you gonna let them punk
sailor boys pass you in that Piece of shit Camaro"? The race is on.....End
of story.
Its all her fault officer!! Really!!

Shawn