Dual downpipe

I just have a question regarding which exhaust system is the
performance enhancing dual downpipe.   I currently run the one with
the two seperate pipes bolted on to the manifold and joined after the
curve, but have seen rabbits with a circular c-clamp connection that
are split down the center and sread to two pipes which join later on.
 Would someone please enlighten me as to which of these two it is.

In my own experience, the system I have now is better especially when
2 straight pipes (1-3/4")are taken off of each downpipe straight out the side
of the car(bent with a pipe bender for a smooth bend).  result:  some sort of
 resonance effect that AMPLIFIES the exhaust about 2 times and makes everyone extremely mad.  No
H-pipe on it as I think the sheer free flow is what gave it its extra
5-7hp for that night until I was told to put mufflers on next week.
What a bummer.  It was just interesting to be altogether louder than
a couple of modded V-8's.

Ben Beacock