Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #68

>From: Ed Wahl <ewahl@lucent.com>
>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:23:39 -0500
>Subject: Re: I wanna big throttlebody!!
>
>At 01:48 PM 12/18/96 -0800, Shawn C. Meze wrote:
>>Then, after you install the K&N air filter, THEN put on a larger
>>throttle body.
>
>Yeah but you didn't answer the question, OR help out.  Sheesh..
>Sorry to whine, but hopefully he would have asked what order shit
>helps out if he needed to know. (crappy day, crappy mood.. tons of
>crappy email) I know yer normally helpful shawn...
>
>To whom it may concern:
>You need to go find an audi 5000 (sorry dunno the years) and get the
>throttle body, if I remember  correctly... Its a 52 vs 44 mm one.  SIGH
>been a while.   pointer to the link on this that I recall: might not be in
>caps...
>
>http://alicudi.usc.edu/%7Ejan/vw/PowerUpgrades/A1_Power_Upgrades (plural?)

Aren't all the CIS-E cars equiped with the larger T-Body?  I thought that
all of those had the larger one, just the same as the 5K unit.  I had a 5K
on mine before, when I had a stock engine.  But the CIS-E seems to have the
larger one.  Also, it was a bitch and a half to find all the right little
linkage parts to make that 5K unit work.  It came apart on the road several
times.  I have not yet checked Jan's page on this, but will now.

David