Headlight problem

Hello everyone,
	I have a problem with my drivers side headlight. It was burnt out so I
replaced the light but unfortunately that didn't fix it. I has my
stepdad look at it with his multimeter. He said it read around 10 volts
and that should st least light up the headlight dim. He says the wiring
goes into the wiring harness and that he suspects the dimmer switch is
bad or maybe the headlight switch.

Any thoughts on this and how hard and expensive this might be?

Thanks