Re: Timing Belt Cover?

> Anyone had any "troubles" running without the timing belt cover (lower
> and upper) on an 8V?

My friend runs without one on his 2.0l 8v, there shouldnet be too much of
a problem with that, a little noisier though. I wouldn't try it with a 16v
though, as you might know, break a timing belt on a 8v your o.k., just out
for a little while, but on a 16v and you most likely scrap the head (bent
valves and possibly broken or bent cam), not pleasant.

Shikaroka
tjarrett@olie.wvitcoe.wvnet.edu

82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)
87 GTI G60